Japan Day 4

by - 8:57 PM

Day 4, 14 Nov 2016 


Spent half of the day travelling from Kyoto to Tokyo. Well, we didn't manage to buy the train bento when we were travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto so we specially arrived early enough to purchase the bento sets. Haha not going to make the same mistake twice hmm.

I don't know how the Japanese does it but even the normal food from their convenience stores are amazing. I don't think I have eaten anything that was bad in Japan.

                          
 My caffeine fix and my sushi bento

One of the most amazing things about Japan's vending machines is that they have HOT drinks. Perfect saviour in cold weather. Ok, perfect for me in any weather since I prefer having hot drinks 90% of the time. 

My sushi bento was quite nice as well and what I found really interesting is that matcha salt is provided instead of wasabi.

After a train ride of approximately 3 hours, we finally reached Tokyo and headed to our apartment at Shibuya. Then it was time to explore Shibuya- Shibuya crossing,Hachiko statue, arcades, multi-storey F21 & Tokyu Hands and dinner at Ichiran!

                     
 Playing with the claw machine and neoprint machine

Neoprint machines are so nostalgic. Can't believe how much I spend those days in lower secondary days on neoprint machines. And I remember my favourite was the one at Junction 8 cause it had the most number of designs.

After exploring some of Shibuya streets, it was time for an early dinner. 

  
 Ichiran ramen for dinner and yogurt for supper

Ahhh, the first sip of the rich broth... I still remembered how I first tried Ichiran in HK and how it became my favourite ramen. Was looking forward to having Ichiran in Japan throughout the entire process of planning for Japan. It is still as good (ok maybe even better) as what I remembered. And allow me to show off a bit, there was no queue at all when we were there because we were there early :)

That kind of marks the end of the first day in Tokyo. Stay tuned for Day 5 for Govt Metropolitan Building, Meji Shrine, Harajuku and Tokyo Station! 

To read about the other days in Kyoto,

  • Day 1 where we travelled to Fushimi Inari Shrine and tried Kichi Kichi omurice
  • Day 2 where we wore kimono, travelled to Arashiyama and Nishikki Market
  • Day 3 where we visited Nara Park and Osaka for a day trip
  • You May Also Like

    0 comments