Adventures in Khao Yai: Part I

by - 10:21 PM

Hey there,

I am here to document my trip to Khao Yai (even though I don't know who actually even read this space).

Khao Yai is a town (is that the right word?) that is approximately 2.5 hours drive away from Bangkok and I first notice it for the pretty sunflower fields about a year back. And I guess in 2017, pictures/articles of Khao Yai appeared all over the place (Instagram/newspaper/travel blogs).

So, off we go to Khao Yai (before it becomes even more mainstream) 😁

DAY 1

13 Jan 2018, BKK 

Flew into BKK via AirAsia and... our flight was delayed from early morning to afternoon 😓😔 Because of airshow for their children's day (sidenote, why their children's day so cool one!) 

Well, because we reach BKK late, we only had time to dapao famous Michelin Bib Gourmand Go-Ang chicken rice (shun bian pack mango sticky rice) and check out a few shops/stalls along the streets.

     

And I conclude, we are not that lucky cause a black out occured when we were bathing/about to bathe -facepalm-


DAY 2

14 Jan 2018, Primo Piazza, The Bloom and Pak Chong night market

So, this officially marks the start of our adventures in Khao Yai 😊 Primo Piazza in our opinion was slightly overrated/feel too touristy with its imitation of Italy HAHA. Nonetheless, I guess you can visit here to feed alpacas 😍

 Said Italian architecture

People will say "Home is where the heart is" but I will add on the heart is where the food is (haha)

 Pretty blooms (and we spotted this before Andrea Chong posted a photo of this ok)

Have to admit the greatest fears (other than the fear of the driver turning out to be a crook) is a lack of food in Khao Yai. I mean come on, half the blog posts talk about Mediterranean (and other forms of Western) food in Khao Yai... Erm I am here for Thai food (?)

So I am glad to announce there is a decent food option near Primo Piazza and it's called Aramis Restorante. The place looks atas but luckily the price wasn't exorbitant.


      
 Butterfly pea drink (actually there's no taste?), watermelon juice and fried rice.
Gotta give them 100 for presentation hahaha.


                        
Chicken drumlets and stir fried Kang Kong

If I remember correctly, all the above only cost $8 per person?!😋

So next up, The Bloom Hotel by TV Pool. Many of the attractions in Khao Yai are accommodations e.g. Baan Suan Noi (Hobbit House) and The Bloom hmmm.

The Bloom was basically a place with many flowers blooming hahaha. Can imagine it being famous among influencers I guess.

 This vaguely reminds me of wisteria tunnel in Japan (albeit a less pretty version).

    
See, perfect places to take your new profile picture 


Dinner was at Pak Chong night market, which was an absolute adventure because the stallholders don't know much English (compared to BKK). Communication was done mainly via hand signs (haha).

Tried several food along the streets there e.g. Thai crispy pancake “Khanom Bueang”, takoyaki (thank god never LS HAHA). And also tried a nice bowl of noodles with char siew from a shop that I don't remember (even if I do, I won't know how to read).

So that's it for Part I of my adventures in Khao Yai 😊

You May Also Like

2 comments