Week 2

by - 1:11 AM

13th January-19th January

Second week in HK and school has started. Well, guess there are kind of less opportunities to explore places in HK. But at least I got all the courses that I wanted :) Clearing five cores/major PE fyeahhh and one UE. Woohoo. So glad that I managed to add Market Research :)

Shall just blog about the worthy mentions of the week.

Australian Dairy Company at Jordan MTR Exit C2

Life-changing meal hahaha. Best scrambled eggs in the world ^^ Because they used milk in their scramble eggs I think. Love how value for money HK meals are. 33HKD (S$5.50) for a bowl of macaroni with char siew, a toast, scrambled eggs and ham and milk tea! Quite filling. Ordered two puddings and two sets of the meal to share between three people. Love the milk pudding. AND SURPRISE, I even like the egg with almond pudding. I hate almond paste hahaha (but I love almond nuts, does it even make sense?)

Had to queue for a while and the service wasn't really good. But good food omnomnom. :)



Okay according to my research, there is some other shop that offers the same thing as Australia Dairy Company with shorter queue. I SHALL CHECK IT OUT TOO :)

Walked around Kowloon I think. There's this skyscrapper thing. Shall visit here when it is less foggy so I can get to see the entire HK island :)

Happy Valley at Causeway Bay/Wanchai

Well, I wanted to check out this place cause the orientation people had been exclaiming that the races are extremely exciting. Followed the angmoh exchange students to the place (cause they went there before already)

The atmosphere there was pretty cool/exciting but I won't really go there again. HATE SMOKE ARGHHHH MY LUNGS.

And bought my first bet and lost my money cause my horse didn't come in first LOL.


Look at the crowd!!

And I never knew Tsingdao beer is so cheap here! Like one dollar plus for a bottle!!! Okay I am sure it's even cheaper in like China itself (think it's like in cents according to my brother :O )


Dim dim sum &Argyle Centre at Mongkok exit D3

Headed off to Mongkok after lessons on Friday. Friday lessons are such a burden. One 50 min tutorial in the evening and hence I can't go exploring :(

First liushabao in HK. Pig shaped somemore so cute!!


Me like this bolo bun. There's like pineapple filling in it :)

Continue shopping in Mongkok and bought new shoes again. I can't wait till summer so I can shop for more clothes ^^

Lamma Island

Was supposed to sign up with the school for a tour to Lamma Island at HKD$120 (exclusive of HKD$32 ferry ride) but there weren't enough vacancies D: In the end, we headed there on our own. 

Lamma Island was really quite pretty ^^

Normal looking tauhuay which tasted really unique in the good way :) Smooth and the sugar syrup contains ginger wow

Act like model only HAHAHA


Another panorama shot cause the view is too pretty


Pretty sunset. It's like one of the best things in life- sitting on rocks, listening to the waves and watching the sun set :)

The only bad thing about the day was the seafood dinner :( Most expensive meal ever eaten in HK and it just sucks. D: SIGH PAY LIKE $250+ for a meal only. Compare this to $120 the rest of the people pay. SIGH.


Dragon Back & Big Wave Bay

Hmm is this considered as hiking? Walked for like a few hours on the mountain/hill. The view was pretty amazing and we go to see people paragliding (?) Omg add to bucket list pleaseeee. So many things I wish I can get to do haha.

Halfway up! :)

Reached ^^

Pretty beach again with people surfing

Had a huge breakfast at around 1030am before we started and hike and at like around 4 in the afternoon we were famished. HAD THE BEST MAGGI MEE EVER CAUSE I WAS JUST THAT HUNGRY :O

Feelings

I know I probably really should hang out with locals (after all it's an exchange) but it's too easy to just stick with the Singapore students especially when they are pretty nice to all of us. Hmm. Anyway pretty glad that I am hanging out with them cause we always have a mix of activities :) Hike plus food plus shopping. I mean if I am alone, it will probably be eating and shopping only oops...

Really no mood to think of project ideas SIGH. K nightttt.

You May Also Like

0 comments