The Lost,

by - 11:27 PM

Red miso pork

Sometime ago, I had a task at Outram Park so I took the opportunity to have lunch at Chinatown Complex. This is from my favourite Japanese hawker stall, Kazan Japanese Food Cuisine. Somehow it doesn't taste as good anymore. Was it the dish I chose (the salmon was really good)? Or was it just because it's not my first choice?

Well, my first choice was actually the dry ban mian from the food centre. But when I reached there, the shutters were down and there was no signboard there any more. Did it never have a signboard? Or has it really closed down for good? Sigh, I think all the food places I like face the same fate :X

Although there is a "famous" dry ban mian near my workplace, I can't help but feel the one at Chinatown is so much better. Is this why people say "Only the things you no longer have will always be perfect."?

Yet you still value the things you've lost the most. Because the things you've lost are still perfect in your head. They never rusted. They never broke. They are made of the memories you once had, which only grow rosier and brighter, day by day. They are made of the dreams of how wonderful things could have been and must never suffer the indignity of actually still existing. Of being real. Of having flaws. Of breaking and deteriorating.

Only the things you no longer have will always be perfect.


Maybe subconsciously I have picked the second choice. Or maybe it's just growing out of it and realising it's not what I wanted. I just wish that it's not too late a realisation.

Ending off with my current earworm.




或许我 是个没有出息的小虫 
 不该一直作梦 你不是个英雄

You May Also Like

0 comments