To the curious souls,

by - 8:43 PM

Last intensive mugging and an end to my school life. Well, there's a difference between school and learning. Here's some food photos from those days of mugging all the way till now.


Ivan's Carbina, Blk 354A Woodlands Ave 5.
One of the few (if not only) place(s) that you can find rosti at such a cheap price!

I have tried their chicken chop, grilled fish, chicken cutlet and rosti and I think that their best dish is definitely the rosti. Grilled fish was a little bland (I prefer my food to have less salt, so if I thought the food was bland hmm...), chicken cutlet was a little too oily... 

So every time when I study at the library, I always love to eat the xiaowanmian, hokkien mee or the rosti from Ivan's Carbina and I really think I will miss the food hmm. 

So other than visiting my usual food places, I have managed to check out Prive Cafe (finally). Being at Keppel Bay, the view was really nice (not that I have a lack of words to use but breathtaking can't be used here). 

My nice view.

The ultimate fish & chips
I chose this because it's beer battered dory, not an alcoholic okay.
The last time I had beer battered fish was at MorganFields and I think the MorganFields' one was better hahaha.

Fried whole shrimp paste chicken 
This contains onion fritters and Asian pickles which was basically like achar and I love achar cause
it's sour and spicy. And I love onions too. But I couldn't taste the shrimp paste. Hmm.

Hazelnut praline
Spend a long time deciding on desserts because there were too many options. I was thinking of trying their rich chocolate cake cause the Straits Times said it was perfect for chocolate lovers and it wasn't too sweet BUT I don't really see it at the display :( In the end, Hazelnut Praline was chosen because Ladyironchef said it was nice haha.

But then again, I have learnt to take online reviews with a pinch of salt. Because:
  1. Many of them are paid/sponsored
  2. People have different taste
Well, before I went to Prive, I heard that the service was bad and slow and one had to wait 30mins for food to arrive.. But when I was there, I really didn't experience any of that.

Oh and another worthy point to mention, I FINALLY WORN THIS DRESS OUT AGAIN YAAAAY.


So a few days after visiting Prive Cafe, I went to Department Of Caffeine with the MR groupmates. Hmm, maybe that's why people think I am forever at cafes...

Department of Caffeine
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

I have always wanted to try food from Department of Caffeine, namely their icecream waffles and their coffee. This time, I tried several of their mains like Lobster BLT roll and their New Colonel Chicken. Found them normal. Oh anw, I haven't had any good scrambled eggs in ages. Is it because Australian Dairy Co. had set a high standard or I have been visiting all the wrong places?? Hmm.

Sat there and chatted with the MR groupmates for a few hours. And we saw Ladyironchef when we arrived haha.

Another meet up with friends. Shopping at Bugis (yes there's where I get my cheap clothes) and having ramen. Was slightly hungry before dinner so I finally gave this crepe a try!



Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King Four Seasons
King's Ramen cause I thought King's will taste the best. Added the ramen egg for $2 because I loveee ramen eggs. Oops.

Company of the day

So on Friday, I went down all the way to Joo Koon and since I didn't want to waste my transport fees, I headed to Jurong Point and I finally tried Prata Wala!

Butter chicken and garlic naan

Roti Prata with chicken curry



Okay so if anyone reads all the way here, and you have the same question as everyone else... 

Why do you always cafe-hop?

Here's my answer. First, I always thought cafehopping means you visit numerous cafes at one time HAHA, but okay, it doesn't seem like it okay...

Argh, I have no idea why people seem to think all I eat is from cafes. No, my favourite type of food is those home-made. Cause first, it's made with love. Secondly, it's healthier. Third, it's free (okay even if you pay for the ingredients and cook for yourself it's cheaper than eating outside).

So I infer that maybe people infer that I am always at cafes because I always take photos of food from cafes right. HAHA that's why people like to say social media is the side of their lives they choose to portray. Well, because those who know me better should know that I avoid scheduling appointments at night because I LOVE HOME-COOKED DINNERS. Double boiled soups, sweet and sour pork ribs, mee hoon kway, thunder tea rice, steamed fish... ALL MY FAVOURITE HOME-COOKED DISHES.

Okay, back to the point why I always take photos of cafe food. Hmm to that I will say, first, food from cafes always look good cause of all the effort in plating etc (hey customers pay for it right) hence it warrants a photo right? Next, I don't like to instagram photos of food that I eat regularly like yongtaufoo at hawker centre? And one don't instagram home-cooked food because you are with your parents right?

Okay I sound a little too defensive...

And I agree cafes are always very expensive *heartpain*. But everyone has different spending habits right? Some love to spend on fashion while I just like to spend on food. I proudly announce that in my wardrobe, most of my clothes are $10-$15 (dresses/skirts/shorts), $20++ for outerwear (except blazer) and the most expensive item is probably like my prom dress. And I don't buy clothes just cause there's blogshop sales... So perhaps that's where my money is from?

And I hope that answers that question hahaha.

You May Also Like

0 comments