Week 19 and 20

by - 5:00 PM

Sing Huen Yuen at Central on 16th May, Friday



This place is like those daipaidong with very authentic HK feel ^^ Really love the tomato noodles. Had it with macaroni, egg, beef and luncheon meat. Not bad.

Also ordered the crispy toast with honey and lemon drizzle (which was goood) and also the honey lemon with salt (which came from the sour plum) which was too salty sadly.  

Laksa for dinner on 16th May, Friday

Too lazy to head out for dinner and too sick of school food.., So meet my dinner. Instant laksa!




Last paper on 17th May, Saturday

YES, I have a paper on Saturday :'(

But to end off my papers (and celebrate), I had Haagen Daz icecream!! In the form of cookie sandwich. WHY SINGAPORE DOESN'T HAVE SUCH THINGS.


Had double caramel flavour this time round.

Then headed off to Tsuen Wan to eat at Yung Kee which was famous for roasted goose among all locals. A bit expensive but it's our last dinner together as a group. Really miss this group of people awww :(

Roasted goose, the specialty there. Not bad, love the skin of the roasted goose, but nah too fattening.


Steamed fish, the dish that I ate the most cause it's been so long since I had steamed fish. Love fish hehe.

Some mango prawn thing with mayo, not bad.


Broccoli with scallop and some lobster meat

Shopping and Ichiran ramen at Causeway Bay for dinner, 18th May, Sunday

Some of them went for cliff jumping at Sai Kung. Didn't go in the end hmm. Wonder if I will even dare to jump if I am there haha. Looks pretty amazing though.

Headed for shopping at Mongkok, didn't buy much stuff though. But I ate a lot oops. From cold noodles (love the octopus hehehe) to salted cheese with oreo and cocoa from freshtea by happy lemon. So happy to find happy lemon in Hong Kong. Had been missing it since it disappeared from Singapore. WHY SINGAPOREANS ONLY LIKE KOI AND GONGCHA AND SHARETEA ):

Happy lemon's salted cheese I WILL MISS YOU

Was supposed to eat at Coffee Alley for dinner but omgggg the queue :( And they ran out of queue numbers so we headed to Ichiran ramen. :) 

Ordered the strong flavour broth this time and enjoyed it much more :) Yess choose the strong flavour! But Ichiran's eggs is disappointing :( Butao's egg is 100x better LOL.

And don't bother ordering the tofu dessert. Not smooth at all and tasteless and overpriced!!!


Disappointing egg but omnomnom the soup :)

Yuen Long day trip, Coffee alley for dinner, SushiOne for supper on 19th May, Monday

Spotting birds at HK Wetland Park

Look at all the pretty lotus :)


Hey butterfly

 Pingshan heritage trail, love rustic buildings

Perfect brick wall to take ootd? HAHA


Famous Kei Kee dessert. B 仔凉粉. Never knew one can be so full from fruits haha

Coffee Alley for dinner. Amazing waffles again :)

 Matcha milk I love you so so much :)

Tried their house brew as well. Hmm not bad.

I miss you already, sashimi at half price SIGH.

Sharp Island at Sai Kung on 20th May, Tuesday

Had Timhowan for brunch before heading to Sai Kung. Love TimHoWan's BBQ pork buns seriously.

Can you see the lighter part in the water? That's supposed to be the tombolo.  Sadly the tide was too high :(
Me with all the vulcanic rocks. Geography and geeky me hehe. Always amazed by Nature's wonders!
Mrs Fields' triple chocolate brownie at Sheung Wan cause we couldn't go to 瑞记 cause the rain was too heavy SIGH. THIS BROWNIE IS GOOD ^^
Finally eating at Hui Lau Shan. Must try cause it's all over the place in HK? But seriously, have much better desserts in HK than this haha.


Happy me with Australian Dairy Co's eggs and toast. LOVE THEIR EGGS. How can scrambled eggs taste so freaking good manzxzx?!

Egg yolk and almond pudding, the pudding which changed my attitude towards almond paste. REALLY LOVE THIS.

Teakha and steamboat on 21 May, Wednesday

This teakha place was really hard to locate! So secluded (kind of) but secluded cafes are always nice. Like you can go there for your alone time, I LIKE. But I wasn't there alone haha. Tried their matcha cheesecake and chai tea. Not bad :)

Matcha cheesecake, chai tea and thai iced tea

And guess who's my company?



Hahaha someone finally came to find me from SG YAAY.

Great catching up ever since I went to HK for exchange haha. Didn't meet for long but glad we managed to meet up in HK.

Went for more food. Back at Sing Huen Yuen and look at the crispy bun which I didn't manage to take photo the first time. AMAZING FOOD.



Look at the tomato, I love this shop so much!

Walked around, headed back to school, packed luggage and then time to meet the rest for dinner.

Crazy amount of food for steamboat

CRAZY SIZED PIG TROTTERS. They used it to make the soup. And the pig trotters tasted not bad hehe. 

Last day in HK, 22nd May
Matcha green tea with red bean and pudding, really damn good. Happy lemon I will miss you :'(

Egglets cause I think I will miss it haha.

Curry fishballs, which we spammed the sauce during the winter cause it felt shiok to drink it down when it was so cold.


Cheong fun with sweet sauce and peanut sauce. Still remember how I randomly encountered upon this shop with the girls.

So this exchange has been an amazing experience. Yes, I missed home during the first few days or maybe first few weeks even? There were times I wished I didn't leave Singapore at all and thinking how it will be to return to Singapore. But somewhere, somehow, I began to love the independence of being on exchange. Yes, I have to do my own laundry, think of what to have every single meal, make sure I drink enough water etc (without people nagging at me to drink water) but I get to choose what time I want to sleep, what time I return back to my own room. Yes, HK is a lot about eating. All the bolo bun, dimsum, wanton noodles, roasted meat, desserts... But HK is not only about eating. It can be a great place for Nature stuff too. All the hiking :) Really glad for the company cause without them, I think all I will be doing on exchange is eating and shopping. Thought I will be alone hence I have already googled for things to do on my own... HAHA.

Being in Singapore now felt as if I have never ever left home. Cause everything is still so familiar to me here. Just thinking... If I head back to HK, will I feel if I never left HK?

HK's culture and pace of life may not be really nice. Like it's so fast etc but I have grown used to that place. I really disliked HK the first time I headed there with my family. I mean I still don't love the people there, but really enjoy their transport etc. SO EFFICIENT.

Really thankful for the opportunity to head to HK for exchange even though I didn't want to leave at first. Even when I regret applying to HK at first.

And thankful I passed all my modules even I played so much harder than I studied haha.

City University of Hong Kong, thank you for the memories. And thank you, my fellow exchange friends. For the overnight stay at Macau ferry terminal, meeting bulls when we hike, having lack of train seats at Taiwan. For the late night suppers at Sushione, for the early breakfast of pancakes, for the lack of food to eat at Hell/Hall Can, for the waffles at Namshan, for the snacking while studying. For drinking outside at Hell Can, for the card games where we grow beans haha, for the poker while drinking, for playing pool cause we have nothing to do, for watching movies in theatres, for the jumpshots we do at touristy places, for all the search for food on openrice.

Basically, really thankful for this exchange trip :) I mean I don't think I really learnt much in terms of culture cause I am forever with Singaporeans but still, I think an exchange kind of make you move out of your comfort zone (staying alone in a foreign country is counted okay). And this is really a once-in-a-lifetime experience cause staying in a foreign country is not the same as touring it. So yes, I recommend everyone to go for exchange.

Okay good nighttt and no more HK posts oh well :/

You May Also Like

0 comments