Week 12

by - 9:00 AM

24th March- 30th March

Lam Tsuen Wishing Trees and food hunt along Tai Po Market station on 25th March, Tuesday


Hey, spring is here. I love spring. Flowers blossoming and nice weather. Shorts and sleeveless clothes here I come :)

Had breakfast at Chan Hon Kee which was famous for claypot rice, but obviously no one ever sells claypot rice at 11am in the morning haha. So we had porridge, dumpling and cheong fun skin with dough fritters again :)

Headed off to the wishing tree!!

This is the fake wishing tree which everyone throws their wishes thing onto it. 

My company on Tuesdays :)

Writing and ticking off so many wishes cause I am greedy oh well hahaha.

This is how you throw it. HAHA.

There wasn't much to be done at the wishing tree area hence we left the place in a short time. Went back to Tai Po market again.

Had pastries at Wah Fai Cake shop. Chicken pie, apple pie, egg tart and coconut tart. Love the coconut tart :)
Best tauhuay I have eaten in HK, some A-po tauhuay at Tai Po market. So damn smooth that it just slides down your throat. Kind of.


And wow Tai Po Market area seems to have so much cheap fruits omgggg. 7 apples for HKD11 (less than SGD2) and 5 mangoes for 20HKD (around 3SGD). My type of heaven hahaha.


Yeeshun and Australian Dairy on 26th March, Wednesday


Milk pudding from Yeeshun.
Egg yolk and almond pudding and egg white and milk pudding. 

So my verdict is... the milk pudding from Yeeshun taste less sweet, less milky and more like laoban type of milkiness. So if you are very into milk, I think you will like the Australian Dairy one better.

Anyway, the first time when I headed there, I really loved Australian Dairy's egg white and milk pudding. But went there two more times and I am super in love with the Almond pudding instead. Definitely will head back there just for the egg yolk and almond pudding before I am back in SG.


Australian Dairy's godly scrambled eggs. 

Which I didn't like it super much anymore. Maybe I ate too much scrambled eggs already hahaha. In Singapore, I always choose sunny side up over scrambled eggs but here, I have scrambled eggs almost every day. EGGS HAVE PROTEIN AND I THINK THAT'S WHY MY HAIR HAS GROWN SO FAST HERE OMGGGG.

Wai Kee noodles and Kung Wo Dou Bun Chong at Sham Shui Po on 27th March, Thursday

Skipped another Cantonese lesson oops this is bad. Confirmed that I still don't like pig's liver mehhhh.
Beef slices with egg noodles. Tasted normal to me.

Kaya french toast, I like this haha.

Headed over the other shop to eat tauhuay and fried beancurd which tasted normal to me. Pictures weren't flattering anyway, shall not upload them then haha.

Tze Char dinner at Sham Shui Po on 28th March, Friday

Hahaha no photos of food cause we were too hungry. And I can't even remember the place name :O But had xiaolongbao and some other chicken which was called 口水鸡 haha. And kangkong for dinner yaaay.

Taiwan Cuisine for dinner and Tong Pak Fu at Mong Kok on 29th March,Saturday
Food for four. I like the squid thing in the middle of the photo. And had some taro cereal which was not bad :)

Give me something related to green tea/matcha everyday and I will never be sick of it hehe. 

Stanley Street and Repulse Bay on 30th March, Sunday



Maybe I have seen too many pretty views in the past three months. Repulse Bay seems to pale so much in comparison :(

Anyway Sunday was a life-changing moment... of experiencing freaking thunderstorm omgggg. Never knew how scary thunderstorms could be. Festival Walk (which was near to our school) was hit by hail and the glass ceiling shattered omgggg. Was near hall when the strong gust of wind hit our area and couldn't even walk back to hall cause the wind was just so strong that all our umbrellas were ruined.. Even the lamp post looks like it's going to collapse like omg wth.

Feelings & Thoughts

Doing the GEM explorer quiz always make me feel guilty. "Do you miss Singapore?" 
No, I love how I have all the independence I have, play without feeling guilty, run cause I have the time to and also cause I feel fat hahaha. 
I don't want to be back in Singapore to do PA. To be stuck in the weather where I will definitely sweat.

I wonder if anyone misses me badly (hahaha egoistic me)

For now, I am loving HK. For the food, for the weather (except thunderstorms), for the people (actually the Singaporeans on exchange with me) and for the freedom.

Till then.

You May Also Like

0 comments